Thursday, December 10, 2009

Stitches And Headaches

So...we're in California for the week to share Christmas with my family. We got here Tuesday, which is really a blur because I slept most of the day. I think it had something to do with leaving Overton at 2am. Anyways, Wednesday...what a day. The kids were in the backyard playing on the play set when I heard Ashley crying. The next thing I remember is handing her to Michael's girlfriend Sandra and blood being everywhere. I guess she hit her head on one of the climbing rocks and it split her head wide open. Of course Craig and my dad were golfing and my mom just left for work and no one else was around except Sandra, thank goodness. Needless to say I was a little freaked out. The good thing is my mom just left so I called her back. Her bosses wife was with her and she told me to follow them to the office (my mom works at an oral surgeons office) and Dr. Smith gave her 2 stitches in her head. I know if I would've taken her to the ER they would have shaved her head and wouldn't have numbed her. Dr. Smith is a good man and did everything possible to avoid all that. Ashley was a very brave little girl. I don't know about all of you, but when my kids are in pain and all you want to do is help them and do the best for them, it breaks my heart to see them suffer even if its for a brief moment. But she is doing a lot better.
This is the play set

Dr. Smith said it cut clear to the skull


After the stitches
Now we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

2 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Oh my heavens! I didn't know your parents had that big of a back yard with a swing set and all! Ashley will be just fine. Landon did this with that huge glass table that used to be grandma's and we made my parents get rid of it for the sake of the grandkids a few years ago ha ha. Hey I need your address ASAP (Christmas card) Thanks...

Camie said...

Yikes! I suppose those are the knocks that come in life. Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacationing!